Sunday 31 January 2021

Odds of Winning the Webkinz Wish of the Day

Odds of Winning the Wish of the Day

 
Every day, one Webkinz World member is supposedly awarded an exclusive item that they wished for at the Wish Factory.  You can make one Wish of the Day per day, and you can wish for any exclusive item no matter how many tokens it's worth.  I have personally made over 150 wishes of the day and I have never won. I have also made many wishes (maybe around 50?) on my secondary accounts.  In total I have made over 200 wishes.  That puts the odds of winning the Wish of the Day at about 0.5% (at least in my experience).  Those are not good odds.  However, since there are a ton of Webkinz World players and a lot of them probably make a Wish of the Day (I have no idea what the actual stats are on this though), the odds of winning are, unfortunately, most likely even lower in reality.  My guess is that the actual odds of winning are around 0.0001% (this would mean that 10,000 players made a Wish of the Day). This estimate is not based on concrete evidence however, so don't take it as absolute fact.  It could be higher, or it could be even lower (my guess).

As a result, I don't recommend completing the Wish of the Day unless you are a Deluxe member and are already going to the Wish Factory every day to spin the Deluxe Wheel of Wishes.  Even then, it's still kind of pointless and I don't really recommend it. I usually still make my Wish of the Day before I spin the wheel since it's right there when you arrive, but I wouldn't bother going to the Wish Factory at all if I wasn't already going there to spin the Deluxe Wheel of Wishes (except to deposit/spend tokens).  Wish of the Day is kind of a pointless activity, similar to Quick Draws and the Jellybean Challenge (though if you want to try winning the Jellybean Challenge, see my guide to doing so here).

I always wish for the Blue Flowery Green House because a) it's on the 1st page and is the easiest to click (this is my main reason for choosing it),  b) I have wanted it for a long time,  c) I haven't seen it on anyone's for-trade list or in the trading room, and  d) it costs 200 wish tokens so it will take me ages to save up enough wish tokens for it.  I don't expect to win it, though.

I recommend always wishing for an item that costs a ton of tokens, as you can just buy the smaller items yourself with tokens that you earn.  If you do win, it wouldn't be great if the item you got only costs 10 tokens.  However, I have no idea if wishing for the same item each time or if wishing for expensive items affects your odds of winning.  I assume it does not, as I see members win items that cost a ton of tokens all the time, but you never know.  I also don't know if it matters whether or not you choose the same item that the winner from the previous day won (I always choose a different item in this instance, just in case). 

Some exclusive items that cost over 100 tokens: Campkinz Platform Tent (180 tokens),  Campkinz Pool (300 tokens), Dreamy Daybed (150 tokens), Flowing Ribbons Four Poster Bed (300 tokens).

If any of my readers know any of the actual statistics regarding Wish of the Day, or if you yourself have won, please let me know in a comment below!  I hope this info is helpful, and I hope your Wish of the Day comes true!

Xoxo,
Pippa

3 comments:

  1. i've always felt the odds were so high. i have won four times; enchanted garden fountain, big city bus, mine cart, and golden apple tree. i wish you the best of luck if you still haven't won!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. most useful blog i have ever come across. thanks for this :)

    ReplyDelete