Saturday 30 January 2021

Guide to Selling Webkinz Items

 Guide to Selling Items
 
 
Here is a guide for what to sell and what not to sell on Webkinz World!  Almost all items and prizes can be sold back to the W-Shop for half their original value/price, though some items are very valuable and shouldn't be sold.  

See my guide for trading and the value of Webkinz items here.

Do Sell:

Duplicates of most things (that you can easily win again or aren't worth trading)
Low value prizes/items that you don't like (from Today's Activities, daily log-in, etc)
Non-deluxe clothing that you don't like
Challenge prizes you don't like (like the smaller, less exciting prizes from the 1st or 2nd part of the challenge)
Common and uncommon Magical Forest prizes
Crown of Wonder 
Farm Fresh Food
Extra food (worth 10kc or more)
Vacation Wheel prizes
Kinzville Academy Recess prizes
Spree! Shopping Bag prizes
Wacky Snack Pack foods
Anything else that is not worth trading but that you don't want
 
Examples of what to sell: 
 
                 


 
Don't Sell:

Rare items
Exclusive items (never sell these!)
Pet Specific items (never sell these!)
Pet of the Month exclusives (never sell these!)
Deluxe prizes (Deluxe Day, Deluxe challenges, etc) 
Deluxe clothing
Most challenge prizes (these are sometimes turned into exclusive items after the challenge is over and made available at the Wish Factory)
Most click-to-win prizes
Grand prizes (Magical Forest, etc)
Some Wheel of Wow / Deluxe Wheel prizes
Most Winterfest or other seasonal prizes (with the exception of duplicates, esp. clothing)
Jumbleberry Fields Jar prizes
Kinzville Academy class prizes (never sell these!) 
Plushies (non W-shop)
Retired items (unless you can still buy it at the Curio Shop)
Spree! Mall prizes
Trophies
Webkinz Newz prizes
Foods worth less than 10 kc (just feed it to your pet, it's not valuable enough to bother selling it)

Examples of what not to sell:


Tip #1
: Even if you don't want any of the items mentioned above, I still strongly recommend keeping them and trading them later. That's what I do.  I actually purposely buy extra rare items just to trade (I use my secondary accounts to do this).  Unless you are in serious need of immediate kinzcash, it's not worth it to sell these items. They are just too valuable and difficult to find, and worth a lot more than the kinzcash you will receive for them (especially exclusive items; for some reason these only sell for a couple hundred kc, though they're way more valuable than that).  It's better to trade these items for another valuable item that you do want.  You can trade in the Clubhouse obviously, but I also recommend using the Webkinz subreddit page or the Webkinz Newz trading forum to make trades.  Be patient!  Some items might sit in your storage room for awhile, but someone is likely going to want them at some point (especially as time goes by and the item becomes older and increases in value).  I have multiple storage rooms in my Webkinz house where I keep these items.  Sometimes, items from challenges are made into exclusive items after they have already been released.  Once I won several Dragonfly Wall Art pieces in a challenge and then sold them.  Now you can get them at the Wish Factory for over 30 tokens each!  I definitely regret selling them.
 
Tip #2: The only time I would ever recommend selling a rare item is if you need the money to buy a different rare item (that you want more) from the Curio Shop. Since you don't have much time to do that (>1hr), selling a rare item is a quick way to make the necessary kinzcash. However, I would recommend selling an expensive W-Shop item or two instead, as they can be repurchased far more easily.  I only recommend selling a rare item if you have a duplicate of it and haven't been able to trade it, and don't have any W-Shop items to sell.

Tip #3: As mentioned above, if you need kinzcash quickly, sell large W-Shop items (ex: a TV,  a pool, a stove, or a bed). These items cost the most kc so you will earn back more kinzcash and have to sell less things. It's better to sell one bed than two counters + a chair.  If I need to do this, I choose an item or two from an unfinished room rather than a completed one so I don't mess up any finished designs.

Tip #4: If you have multiple accounts and need kinzcash on one of them, buy three of the most expensive item you can find in the W-Shop and send them to the account that needs kinzcash (I believe the most expensive item is the Oak Paneled Pool), and then sell them on that account.  However, I only recommend doing this when you have a few W-Shop coupons, as you still technically lose kinzcash overall unless you buy the items with coupons that are worth 50% off or more.  See my post about the advantages of having more than one account here.
 
Tip #5: Again, as mentioned above, if you have an extra coupon that is worth more than 50% off (it must be worth at least 60% off or more) you can buy a really expensive W-Shop item and then sell it back right away for a small profit.

Tip #6: Some items can't be traded or sold, which is annoying. If you acquire an item that you don't like and you can't trade it or sell it, put it in a room in your house labelled "Storage" or "Stuff I Can't Sell."  I now have two rooms full of stuff I don't like but can't sell.  It doesn't matter how it looks; I just cram those rooms full of as many items as I can fit.  It's annoying, but this way those items don't take up space in my dock.  I also put wallpaper/flooring that I don't like + can't sell in these rooms.

I hope this helps!

Xoxo,
Pippa

No comments:

Post a Comment